As a German attorney for artists, expats, freelancers and businesses in the creative and digital industries, I am specialized in the following core areas.
Tax & Social Security Law with references to Labour Law
- Global Mobility Services for foreign employers/contracting authorities who want to hire Germany-based employees or contractors & Germany-based companies who want to hire employees or contractors abroad
- tax planning & tax disputes with the German finance authorities (appeals & legal actions)
- cross-border activities of employees, freelancers, entrepreneurs and expats/ expatriates in other EU countries or third countries (international labor law, social security law and tax law) with reference to Germany
- German artists‘ social insurance („Künstlersozialversicherung“)
- bogus self-employment
- drafting of contracts (general terms and conditions, cooperation agreements, employment contract and service agreements)
- Representation vis-à-vis collecting societies (GEMA, VG Wort)
- Employment law (for digital nomads, expats and digital companies)
If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood, sweat and tears.
To be free and independent from a place or a job. To be a free spirit! Filling the day with inspiring tasks so that you forget the time. To work creatively, at a professionally excellent level with people who inspire and challenge each other. That’s why I advise artists, expats, freelancers and digital companies. They make visible what other people are not able to see and sometimes they even forget the world around them. They are driven by an uncompromising passion.
That’s how I feel about the law. I studied law at the University of Regensburg (Bavaria) and the Humboldt University in Berlin. I then completed my legal clerkship at the Berlin District Court of Appeal, specializing in business and tax law.
I passed both state examinations with the grade „fully satisfactory“, which is considered a special qualification among lawyers in Germany. In 2016, I was finally admitted to the bar. I worked for internationally active companies as well as medium-sized law firms in commercial law (with a focus on taxes), and currently as an in-house counsel in a software-as-a-service company.
In addition to my work as a lawyer, I successfully completed the theoretical part of my training as a specialist lawyer in tax law and attend annual further training courses on tax law topics. All this enables me to solve the legal problems that prevent you from working from anywhere, independently and creatively.
Alle vier Jahre führt die DRV eine Betriebsprüfung bei Arbeitgebern durch. Dabei wird auch überprüft, ob die Unternehmen die Künstlersozialabgabe ordnungsgemäß melden und abführen. Doch selbst wenn diese Prüfung einmal abgeschlossen ist, haben die DRV und die KSK noch...
Für den Verlag DWS Steuerberater Medien GmbH in Berlin durfte ich am 18.08.2023 ein Webinar über die relevanten Grundsätze der Künstlersozialversicherung für die laufende Steuerberatung halten. Dieses Webinar richtete sich an Steuerberater und Steuerfachangestellte....
Im September eines jeden Jahres verschickt die Künstlersozialkasse gelbe Briefe an die versicherten Künstler und Publizisten, die sog. „Meldung des tatsächlichen Arbeitseinkommens für Vorjahre“. Mit dieser Prüfung möchte die KSK überprüfen, ob die Künstler ihr...